Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekend Fun!



We had a nice weekend, partly because we had a lot of fun plans, and partly because the weather was BEAUTIFUL! We get extra excited about the weather because there is such a short window of time before it gets really hot! Jeff filed the 10 Q at work on Thursday and completed another quarter of a lot of working over time. He was relieved and actually didn't have to work as late as in the past. Thursday night, he brought me flowers as an early 1 year anniversary present. So SWEET!! He wanted me to be able to enjoy them since we won't be home for our actual anniversary! He also surprised me by taking me to the new Habashi restaurant near our house. It was a lot of fun, but I didn't have my camera. :( Jeff got Friday off and spent time resting and going to the neighborhood pool, while I worked. That night we went to the opera to see Billy Budd.

Saturday we spent the day grocery shopping and cooking for a get together we had at our house Saturday night. Two couple friends from church came over for Brisket, potato salad, coleslaw, deviled eggs, and strawberry short cake. Jeff and I were new at cooking most of these menu items, but with the expert help of our moms, we did it! Jeff did a great job on the brisket, it was very tender!

We went to Sunday School this morning and then worked extended session with the 2 1/2
and newly 3 year old class. This was our first Sunday of a program where we will be serving once every 6 weeks. The kids were precious and so much fun!! Jeff was a hit! Why is it that all men have to do is show up and kids have an instant buddy?! At one point I looked over and all the boys in the class were huddled around Jeff listening to him read a book. We had a blast and can't wait for the next time!

After church we took left overs from last night to my parent's house for lunch. We wanted them to get to test out our experimental menu. We visited and celebrated Mother's Day with them.

Enjoy the pictures and I will try not to wait so long before another update!

1 comment:

Gran said...

Thank you so much for the visit. The outstanding menu was a delicious bonus. Jeff, you are a wonderful husband; Becca, an amazing wife. I am very sure those little angels enjoyed themselves. I love you both.

Mom, Sharon (Becca's mom)