Monday, January 5, 2009

Bye Bye Blue

While on vacation from work, we undertook another home decorating project that I have been looking forward to for a while. We painted one of our guest bedrooms. After closer examination it appears that the previous owners not only let their kid pick the color, but the painting looks like it was done by a child too! This is what the room looked like before. Now that is a lot of bright Tiffany Blue for one room!

We decided to paint three of the walls a lighter color and make the wall with the window on it an accent wall. I choose Gobi desert as the lighter color and Wild Manzanita for the accent wall. We really enjoyed saying "Bye Bye" to the blue.

Here is the final product. I personally think the room looks bigger. What do ya'll think? I am quite sure the gobi desert will be the primary color of our home when it is time to repaint the hall ways, etc. I love that it is dark enough to add warmth, but not so dark that it makes the space appear smaller than it is.

4 comments:

"L" said...

I am the biggest believer in paint transforming a room and the worst at picking out/committing to a color! Love the Gobi.

Unknown said...

Very lovely! Paint is one of my favorite things to add to a house!

Gran said...

Great job! The room is lovely.

Jenny M said...

Haha- I so had the exact Tiffany Blue walls at my parent's house... I loved them, but that might be b/c of my obsession with Breakfast at Tiffanys!