Friday, November 13, 2009

SAHM?

I have chosen to take the remainder of the year off of work to be a full time mommy. We prayed long and hard about the decision and continue to pray for God's direction and provision as we move forward. It was a little weird to say goodbye to my job (even if it is just for a couple of months) but I sure don't miss it. Motherhood feels like it is what I am truly meant to do. The rest is just something I do to help pay the bills. This break will tell us how necessary that even is. We won't talk about how the CPS worker told me not to quit my job "just in case."

Anyway, "J" and I are home together on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. He goes to "school" at the same daycare on Tuesdays and Thursdays. "A" no longer attends the after school program, so we have more time together in the afternoons. I am becoming accustomed to the 30 minute wait (cell phone free) in the car rider line now. "J" always screams "GO Mommy!!" when there is clearly 22 cars between me and actually being able to go. I don't blame him...it does seem sort of silly.

I don't know why it took me a while to let you know this. I guess I was just busy settling into this new/reformed role in our family. Please continue to pray for us as we seek God's plan for my career.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy every moment with your boys! God will provide for all of your needs.

You could put A on the bus, or just wait to be the "last" parent that arrives, the "late" one...our car rider line is that long, so I have determined that Ariana will probably always ride the bus (unless she goes to school with me). See you soon!

Hey, if you want to come clean my house, I can help you pay your bills! :) Just kidding.

"L" said...

So happy you're able to spend so much time with the boys and love reading the updates on your family :)

Wendy said...

How exciting! We should get together and let the kids play sometime. The weather has been great lately.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad that you are getting the chance to have some extra fun time with the boys! I know that they are loving it (and I'm sure you are too!). Now, if only you lived close enough to go on play dates with us... That would be awesome! ;)

Give A & J a hug from Aunt Sarah!

PS The boys loved their Halloween card and pictures. That was so thoughtful!

Jocelyn said...

How exciting! There will be days- I know from experience- that you will be thinking about how much you miss adult conversation and the day-to-day business of working... but it is such a blessing to have more time with the kids. I hope you are enjoying it- I'm sure the boys are loving having more time with you.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy it and good luck! I know your boys will treasure that extra time with you...even if they don't exactly use those words.

Gran said...

You're an amazing Mommy. You get an A+. A and J are blessed.