Sunday, June 20, 2010

First Father's Day

I remember before the boys came experiencing grief over all the "firsts" I would miss having meet them 4 and 6 years into life. Now, I realize we just get to experience a lot of "firsts" in a different way! Our first year is quickly coming to a close so I am soaking every single "first" for all it's worth! Our first Father's Day was such a sweet time to let Jeff know just how much we love and appreciate him! The boys each decorated a home made card with this sweet saying, "You are the worlds best dad...hands down!" with their sweet little hands traced inside. I don't claim any of the ideas here as my own...Thank God for the Internet!

I also had each boy tell me what kinds of things they would want to do/places they would go with him if they could plan their own one on one day with Dad. I thought it was a good thing for Jeff because his favorite love language to receive is quality time.

"J" chose to go to Chick-Fila and enjoy some time outside. So, I planned a picnic in the park with a kite, bubbles, a catch game, and a gift card for ice cream as a finale!
"A" knew right away that he wanted to go to TGI Fridays and the movies. I threw in a few of Jeff's favorite candies and popcorn to tie it all together!
I also made Jeff some brownies with chocolate icing and decorated them with cream cheese icing. It is his favorite kind-as in eat it right out of the can with a spoon with absolutely no shame! :) Now, I think that is one proud poppa if I do say so myself!
We also got to spend some time with my sweet daddy and their Poppa D today which is always fun!
We had hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, and deviled eggs! SO yummy! I love to see my sweet dad loving on my boys and I can't imagine two better examples for them to follow than he and my amazing husband! Thank God for these men that love the Lord teaching my boys how to be a man of character!

2 comments:

Gran said...

Yumm-O as Rachel Ray would say. What an amazing mom/wife you are!
Papa D(He) enjoyed his boys, too. It is always fun to watch them ibteract.

Jocelyn said...

what awesome ideas for gifts... i LOVE it!! sweet, sweet gifts for time together.