Thursday, November 17, 2011

A new format and a fresh perspective

Yes, we are still here. I have no good reason for my major blogging hiatus. Other than perhaps I had gotten a bit overwhelmed with trying to keep up with updates and maybe dare I say bored with blogging. I love my family and updating you on all of the fun things we do. But, I think I will give up the idea that every single thing has to be documented on the blog. (Though I do plan to finish and post all the pictures/updates that have been sitting here for 5 months waiting to be published.)

Instead, I've decided to give a broader view of what's going on with our family. No worries, there will still be plenty of adorable pictures of our boys! But, I also want to share more about me and my interests. It may sound selfish, but I think I need a little outlet for talking about the things (other than my family) that I enjoy. I have recently taken sewing and photography classes and continue to enjoy crafting, so I'd like to share what I'm creating. I have also been trying to become a better cook and experimenting with recipes, usually found on Pinterest. If you haven't joined Pinterest, I highly recommend it! So, I think I will join the "This Just Pinned" and "Embrace the Camera" trends to spice things up a bit. I just think it will help me remain engaged in blogging because it will be more enjoyable. Hey, I'm turning 30 next month, so I am entitled to change my mind, but I hope to be more consistent with this new format. Why wait for the New Year to make a resolution, right?!
And because you made it to the end of this non-picture post, a little surprise!
My cuties at "Blueberry Farm," AKA Dewberry Farm

2 comments:

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Great new pics!
I totally get what you are saying! And I can't wait to follow whatever adventures you blog about from here on out! :)

Gran said...

Your life brings me joy.