Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 1 through 3 of Thankfulness

I know it has been a while for the ol' blog, but I have a great reason to begin posting again, Thankfulness! I went to a women's retreat with our church last month and our pastor's wife spoke about thankfulness. She referenced the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voscamp and spoke about how she has been impacted by keeping a gratitude journal. I know myself and this blog is as close to a journal as I will get, so I am going to use it to document my thankfulness over the next month. This is my favorite season of the year as the cooler weather comes and brings with it the warmth of spending time with family.

Day 1: I'm grateful for redemption and that my Redeemer has "justified (me) freely through His grace." Romans 3:23-25
Day 2: I am thankful for the opportunity to be a stay at home mom, which allows me to come to the school for activities like Angel's science lab today.
Day 3: I'm grateful for time this afternoon at home with my family, enjoying one another and relaxing.

I'm going to try to keep up with this at least weekly recording thankfulness. I hope you are all doing well and enjoying this season.

No comments: