Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Profound loss coupled with a fresh perspective

Well, I guess I took a bit of a blogging break to say the least, a two year one to be exact. Our family has grown by another two feet and welcomed our first daughter! We have experienced tremendous joy and are so grateful to the Lord for the addition of this precious life! However, we have also experienced incredible grief in this season. My mother passed away a little shy of a month ago. I have never in my life experienced such a profound loss. My mom was my very best friend. The first one that I wanted to call if something exciting happened, or the kids did something funny, or if I needed advice on how to approach a parenting situation with grace. She was the best at that. Parenting with grace. I am praying I can continue her legacy in that regard. She was also the kindest and most creative person I've ever known. I sure miss her. So, you can expect our blog to take a different tone, at least for now. Thank you for your patience as I use it as a means to process my grief and remember my mother. Here she is with her first granddaughter.

I will treasure this picture always. My daughter brought her so much joy. All her grandchildren did. I will choose to remember her this way and long for Heaven where we will all see her again. Because I know that the only One she loved more than all of us, was her Savior who she has now met face to face. What a beautiful sight that must be.

No comments: