Friday, September 12, 2008
The Calm before the Storm
So, I admit, I was one of those sceptics that did not expect Ike to come here and/or be bad. Well, I was wrong. We are waiting for landfall now and about to turn off the computer due to possible electricity outages to come. I have had two baths today and plan to dry my hair before I go to bed (Liz, thanks for the idea!). I want to be as clean and beautified as possible in case it is my last chance for a while! Jeff has been home all day and I made a quick trip to Michaels this morning to pick up some last minute scrapbooking supplies in case I get bored and have electricity. They were closing at noon. There were tons of ambulances and charter buses on the road and business were boarded up. It was sort of suriel! Oh, and I went to the Sonic as well because I wanted one last Sonic before I was stuck inside for possibly days. Priorities, Sonic and scrapbooking I suppose. We are ready to wait out the storm at home with Harvey, Cookie, and Snowflake. Thanks for your prayers and we will keep you posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We're praying for all our friends in Houston! I know we would have been "hunkering down" if we were still in H-town. Update us once it is over.
I hope and pray that y'all are all okay. We'll call you in the morning to check in. Clayton said a special prayer for y'all tonight. I believe the Lord will hear his sweet little voice and protect our family. We love you!
Post a Comment