I am home sick from work today, it's 6 PM, and blogging is the first thing I've accomplished all day. Feel special people because you are!
Jeff and I got home Sunday night from our Weekend to Remember in Austin. It was fabulous!! I'm sure there's a conference near you soon and you should definitely check it out! The name seems cheesy, but it truly will be a great memory for us! We experienced all new road stops as we've never been to Austin together. We found 2 Buckees, but we made ourselves only go once on the way and once on the way home. We also made a stop in Brenham to go here:
We had a tour and ice cream for a mere $3 each!! Cameras weren't allowed inside the creamery, but we took a ton outside. I guess they were afraid we'd steal their secret recipe or something.
A sweet grandma took our picture with the truck and I didn't have the heart to ask her to try again so we could see the name. She did a great job with my not so easy to operate camera anyway!
Jeff has become quite a sport with all my picture taking and I think he actually may like it even though he swears he "doesn't know how" to smile for pictures.
On Saturday night we were scheduled by the conference planners to go on a date night. We choose The Oasis, a beautiful place to watch the sunset, but a very busy place on Saturday nights. Thankfully my sweet hubby thought to call ahead and get our name on the list so we only waited 10 minutes tops!! I filled all 10 minutes taking pictures of the gorgeous restaurant and grounds!!


We got a great pic of us with the sunset!! I could hardly eat for getting up out of my seat to take pictures! It was beautiful and very romantic! Good job Jeff! I love you!
The rest of the conference was my favorite part. We had a session called "woman to woman" and "man to man" separately. I learned about prioritizing my relationship with God first, Jeff second, and our children third, career placed a distant forth. They said you only have your children for a season and your husband for "as long as you both shall live." This is good advice for me as I consider the process of becoming a mother! We got several highly recommended books on marriage and parenting at the conference as well. We were able to renew our vows with all the other couples and received a "marriage covenant" as a beautiful reminder. We also wrote love letters to one another, which I will always cherish! It was a lovely time of refreshment, renewal, and re commitment! During one of the MANY times I waited in line for the restroom at the conference, one of my "potty friends" told me about a great cupcake place in Austin. Of course I HAD to go, so Jeff took me on Sunday before we left town.

3 comments:
So I LOVE cupcakes and was told about this place! I'm going to Austin this weekend and will have to check it out!
I had a GREAT time in Austin!
Looks like a wonderful weekend! Where is this cupcake place? We're going to Austin next weekend for a wedding and I want to stop by and get a cupcake!!
Post a Comment