Mondays are hard at our house! We live for the weekends and dread going back to work every single week! Lately it has been especially hard and I'm not quite sure why.
I know for me, I am still adjusting to my new job and agency. I think about my sweet friend, Megan daily who is encountering a new culture, continent, language, and life. She is so upbeat and yet honest about her growth through change. Shout out to you, Megan and your Spanish speaking, dancing gringa self! I am just experiencing change in one area of my life and it's a struggle sometimes! I am learning though. I'm learning about being proactive and communicating how my skills can be utilized. I'm also learning to network and how to represent myself better as a professional. Unfortunately, I am also learning more about the "ugly side" of professional relationships as the target of a co worker's ill will. I'm also learning how to advocate for myself as my supervisor has been out sick for most of my time with the agency thus far.
All in all they are good lessons and I'm glad to be where I am, but the transition is a challenge. I start with a new LCSW supervisor on Thursday. (Not my supervisor at the agency, but an outside one that helps me get my clinical license.) I'm looking forward to a fresh perspective and maybe a little guidance/direction.
3 comments:
Mondays are never fun! I don't love change either but it sure is a growing experience. I would never do it by choice so its a good thing God does it for us sometime!
Thanks for your kinds words, friend!! I'll be praying for you, as well.. take heart and know that you are loved!
Thanks Becca! I am excited to get in there and mess it up! Ha- hopefully I will keep some of the paint on the canvas! Maybe?
Post a Comment