Thursday, September 24, 2009

Confessions of a Brand New Mommy

Sorry for the delay! I am the third member of our family of 4 to catch the sick bug. I know you have been waiting for our big post where I share all the slip ups I made over the last 2 weeks. Well, here it is, but I am limiting myself to the 5 most interesting. There were countless more! Some of them are silly and some of them are not, but for the sake of being real....

1. I have 4 loads of clean laundry getting wrinkled as we speak on the couch and another one in the dryer. I chose to spend precious free time blogging instead of folding. Yes, our children are wearing clean clothes. As for me and Jeff, I plead the 5th!
2. I raised my voice and lost my patience with my boys more times than I care to admit this week
3. I bribe my kids nightly with a Popsicle if they eat all their dinner. Whatever, it works!
4. I gave my kid the night time formula of cough syrup at nap time so I could try to get some rest too. We are both sick, it is the best I can do!
5. I cried in the car pool line after being accosted by a school bus driver and a crossing guard for not adhering to the unspoken, but apparently rigid rules of car pool etiquette. No, I was not on my cell phone...at least I didn't make that mistake.

Boy am I grateful for God's grace and the unconditional love of my boys and hubby! Seriously, while drying my tears from blunder #5, this song came on the radio. Through listening to the words of, There's no Such Thing As Perfect People, God reminded me that I am nothing without Him. He continues to remind me daily to relay on Him because let's face it people...There's no such thing as Perfect Parents either!

7 comments:

Gran said...

What a true post; every mom has done some of these same things or worse. I remember falling asleep one afternoon and being late to pick you up from elementary school. If that was not bad enoough, I was driving car pool! I was frantic; it was great but embarassing to see my herd of children walking home from school.

Sarah said...

I love that song, too. We are never perfect - just forgiven. :)

Hang in there! Being a Mommy is the toughest, but most rewarding job that you will ever have.

P.S. My protective sisterly instincts just kicked in when I read #5. That is so ugly! Let me at 'em!

Lauren and Derek said...

Hang in there friend! I love that song, such a great reminder.

Anonymous said...

You are doing a great job!! The laundry doesn't need to be folded, just clean. Just don't let Harvey wallow in it like Caramel does on my clean laundry pile on the couch! She think's its her cozy bed!!

Jocelyn said...

Oh, what a real-life, honest post. I giggled...
God is a God of grace... for us ungraceful parents. There are so many things I was "gonna" do in my head when I was thinking about being a momma... and... well... And that's ok!!! :) Your boys are safe and loved... the laundry will get folded... some day! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I didn't realize you had brought home 2 sweet boys. I will pray that God give you strength and patience!

Wendy said...

How exciting about the boys!!! I just found out about your blog (I have one too!)and look forward to following it. Your posts are so honest and enjoyable. Being a mommy is HARD and filled with lessons, but priceless. A & J are blessed to be with you and Jeff. God is so good :)