Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Super Sized Fun

This past weekend we took our first family road trip as a family of 4 and it was a blast! We went to Arlington to Six Flags Over Texas and to spend some time with my sister and the Carpenter crew. I have very found childhood memories from Six Flags starting when I was about J's age so I was so excited to make some new memories with my own kiddos! There were so many firsts for the boys, including their first time staying in a hotel and first roller coaster ride. You know we also initiated them in the "I heart Buccees" club as well! We got in super late on Friday so the boys slept in the car and then transitioned straight to bed when we got there. They are great little car riders!!

On Saturday morning we got up, but on our super hero paraphernalia, and headed off to "MisDonald's" as A calls it for breakfast. (That would be McDonald's to the rest of us). Our hotel was basically in the back yard of Six Flags, so the boys were amazed to see the Super Heroes' house was right next door! We got to the park right as it was opening and the kids made it until 6:30 PM. Talk about a fun time!! J is our little dare devil, which we kind of already knew from all the climbing and jumping he does at the park and at home. But he seriously would have rode everything, including the biggest and scariest rides if he were tall enough to do so! A was a different story and preferred the Tea Cups. I sat with A and watched/took pictures of Daddy and J most of the first part of the day. Daddy did convince A to ride the Mini Mine Train with he and J. Both boys loved their first roller coaster ride, but A shifted from tears at the beginning to all smiles afterwards! I can't tell you how fun it was to see the boys enjoy this experience!! Not to mention how cute they were in their little super hero t-shirts we've been saving for this special day!

We picked up dinner on the way back to the hotel and had a picnic on the floor of the room. The boys were a little too excited to go to sleep at first, but passed out when the lights went out. Sunday we spent the day with my sister, her hubby, and 2 boys. Clayton shares A and J's super hero obsession so they had a great time playing together! I don't think the boys had ever seen that many toys all in one place!! Clayton also let them ride his tricycle and took them for a ride in his fire truck! What a sweet cousin! I laughed out loud as Clayton called A, "cuz"!! Here are Clayton and his "Cuz"/Spider man showing off their giant muscles!
The boys were so sad to leave, but are glad that the they will see their cousins again in a few short days for J's birthday party! Speaking of, if you read our blog and we don't have your email address, we'd love for you to be invited to the party! Leave us a note in the comments with your email address and we will get you all the details!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Six Flags is like heaven for Clayton, and I know that A&J felt the same way. What fun! I wish that we could have gone with you. :( Maybe next time...

The boys were both so sweet and Clayton had so much fun with them! We look forward to making many, many memories with our sweet new family members!

Gran said...

What a fantastic first trip. A and J meeting the "cuzs" was perfect. We look forward to J's birthday party.