I have been considering making our blog private for a while now. I think I would feel more free to share my heart here if I knew who was listening. Any thoughts?
Well, as you know, our blog is private. We did it at first, because we were concerned over M's birth mother "finding" us. It's easy to forget that anything on the web is accessible to anyone...and we put alot of our lives, as well as our pictures of our kids out there, for anyone to see. With the privacy settings, you don't have to worry about that - plus you know who's reading. You don't have as many readers when you go private, but then again, is that the point? I have found a lot of freedom in having a private blog. It has allowed me to share more than I would've otherwise. Just my thoughts....
I think you need to do what is best for you. I hope that I will still be allowed to view it as you have some great posts and I enjoy keeping up with what is going on in your lives. I have also wondered about the privacy settings. Good luck with your decision, I know you will make the best one for your family.
I think it's perfectly fine to make it private. I've thought of that as well. I think if I were in your shoes, I would do the same for sure. I had a friend that made hers private, then said that if anyone wanted access to message her. That way she was in control of who had access.
I have a cousin who has small children and did that with hers. It makes sense but you just need to make the decision that makes you feel most comfortable. I love keeping up with yall even though we don't go to chuch together anymore! I've been keeping you in my prayers. I want to keep following if you go private :)
6 comments:
Well, as you know, our blog is private. We did it at first, because we were concerned over M's birth mother "finding" us. It's easy to forget that anything on the web is accessible to anyone...and we put alot of our lives, as well as our pictures of our kids out there, for anyone to see. With the privacy settings, you don't have to worry about that - plus you know who's reading. You don't have as many readers when you go private, but then again, is that the point? I have found a lot of freedom in having a private blog. It has allowed me to share more than I would've otherwise. Just my thoughts....
I think you need to do what is best for you. I hope that I will still be allowed to view it as you have some great posts and I enjoy keeping up with what is going on in your lives. I have also wondered about the privacy settings. Good luck with your decision, I know you will make the best one for your family.
Great idea. This is an understadable solution.
what about all the people who read who don't know you, but love to read your posts?
:(
you have to do what's best for you.
I think it's perfectly fine to make it private. I've thought of that as well. I think if I were in your shoes, I would do the same for sure. I had a friend that made hers private, then said that if anyone wanted access to message her. That way she was in control of who had access.
I have a cousin who has small children and did that with hers. It makes sense but you just need to make the decision that makes you feel most comfortable. I love keeping up with yall even though we don't go to chuch together anymore! I've been keeping you in my prayers. I want to keep following if you go private :)
Post a Comment