I promised you a lot of flash backs this holiday season to our first Christmas together last year. Here is a collage of us decorating for Christmas in December 2009. Look how tiny our little men were!

This year Jeff decided to put lights on the roof. Last year we mostly just put lights on the bushes so this was a bit new and challenging.

Jeff's ladder wasn't tall enough so he used it to get on the roof and then climbed from place to place armed with a string of lights and some toothpicks. Yes, my husband used toothpicks stuck under the shingles to hang the lights from. What a clever and brave man I have!

He kept saying, "I can't smile...I'm scared." He was so sweet to risk his life in the name of Christmas decor! HA!

The end result was beautiful!

We decorated the tree a bit later than we usually do, much to my husband's dismay. I wanted a change and it took me a while to figure out what I wanted and how to achieve it.

The kids loved putting the ornaments on! They still do, daily rearranging them to showcase their favorite ornaments, the ones they have made.

Here is the tree and mantle with a fire in the fire place. This was the one night so far it has been cold enough for a fire. I just love Christmas decor! My house is its coziest this time of year!

Last week I celebrated my 29th birthday. I was telling Angel one day I wasn't sure how I felt about turning 29 because that meant next year I turn 30. He told me "well mom, you just have to be okay with it because 30 comes after 29!" HA! He is right, wisdom from a 7 year old is just what I needed!

My sweet hubby took me to Las Alamedas and it was really yummy! He had flowers delivered there and waiting on the table when we arrived! He also bought me a new camera for my birthday/Christmas! I love it!! Thanks for spoiling me sweet Jeff!
2 comments:
Looks great Becca!!!
what a sweet hubby you have- the excitement for Christmas decorating and the dinner and flowers for your birthday! so great!
your tree looks AMAZING!- i love the red at the top. very, very cozy! and our tree decorations are about the same... new every day! the kids love decorating and redecorating it!
Post a Comment