Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Crafts and Activities

Let's not talk about how behind in blogging I am, okay? Thanks! The holidays came and then sickness hit me hard, and then hello 1/11/2011. That's all I have to say about that.

Anyway, I thought we'd start the series of Christmas/New Year's posts with a look back at Christmas crafts and activities we did in 2009....We made cookies at Gran's with cousin Clayton, made ornaments and picture holders at church and school, made teacher's gifts and a family gingerbread house.
This year we kept it simple, but still had some fun making crafts and baking while the boys were out of school for the holidays.
We baked cookies and decorated them.
We made some to share with Santa and saved most of them for us! What can I say? Sweets are kind of our thing!
We made snowflake ornaments with modge podge and tissue paper. PS: I cut up way too much tissue paper! I put it in a zip lock to save and will have to find some other craft to use it for!


They turned out really cute and we put their picture inside. I also put the year and their names for posterity sake. Alas, I forgot to take a finished product picture and now they are all packed up until next year! I love ya'll but not enough to dig through those boxes!

I made this cool Christmas card holder I found on my friend, Erin's blog.

It is made out of these really ugly burner covers which were beautified with scrapbook paper, modge podge, hot glue and ribbon. It took me way longer to find the burner covers than it did to do the rest of the project! Seriously, I went to 5 stores for this $5 item, but it was worth it! I am looking forward to using it for years to come!

Keep your eye out for tons more holiday posts to come. I have to make up for my 2 week hiatus. I know, you're welcome!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the Christmas card holder idea. That would be great for displaying anything. I want to see your sewing creations! I can't wait to take that class. Just waiting for things to calm down...or maybe I'll just wait til summer.