Saturday, January 22, 2011

Christmas Finale/ New Years

Between Christmas and New Years we went to San Antonio for a couple of days. Unfortunately, I was quite sick with strep so we had to pair down our plans and spent more time in the hotel than we originally planned. Thankfully the boys love staying in hotels and they were content just hanging out playing their handheld games.
We did have dinner at the Magic Time Machine restaurant. I remember going to the one in Dallas when I was a kid and Jeff who had also been there thought the boys would love the costumed waiters. We had Cruella de Vil as our waitress, but the boys also got their beloved Spider Man's autograph. It was a fun experience.
We also went to Fiesta Texas, but it was really crowded and I wasn't feeling well so we headed home earlier than planned. The boys were anti-long lines and kept getting out of line after getting through half of it. They did ride a few things though and it was a nice relaxing couple of days as a family of 4.
On New Years weekend we spent time with the Hendrickson clan. The Carpenter family came and our boys just love playing with cousin Clayton and cousin Drew. It's hard to believe next year we will have another little man in the mix. The energy they expand is increasing to the 5th degree so they will keep us all on our toes!

Unfortunately I was still sick and I felt awful I couldn't be myself during our special time as a family. The strep was icky and lasted 3 weeks. It took 2 rounds of anitbiotics and 3 doctor visits to get relief! Our boys didn't seem to mind though. They were too busy playing with Drew and Clayton!
All four boys loved playing together with their new toys, including Drew's new trampoline!
All 4 boys also got a head light just like Poppa D! They were all so very excited! They always wanted to play with Poppa D's every time they visited my parents. Now, they all have their own!

I can imagine that taking a picture of all the boys together will also get more difficult as our family grows, but oh it is so worth it!! We love all of our nephews/cousins so much! Thanks Gran and Poppa D for hosting us all and for all you did to make our time with you so special! Thanks Sarah and Wade for coming into town with your precious boys to celebrate with us!

No comments: