Friday, February 3, 2012

Angel's Baptism

On January 22, 2012 after months of patiently waiting, our Angel was baptized! Pastor Chad, our amazing  Children's Minister, performed the baptism. He and Angel have a sweet bond, so that made it extra special. 
 Angel smiled ear to ear the whole time and his big dimples were evident even from the balcony as we watched on the big screen! We will get some closer up pictures in the coming month from the church photographer, so I will be sure to show you those when they become available. I know I can't wait to see them!
 Angel is so proud of his certificate of baptism and church membership.
We had some friends and family over for a pizza lunch to celebrate after church. Aunt Sarah and cousin Owen came all the way from Dallas for the occasion and we are so grateful for all those who came to celebrate this special day!  Poor Jeff could barely open his eyes because he had PRK (Laisk surgery) two days before. Gran and Poppa D, Sarah and Owen, and our little family posed for a picture with our precious Angel!

Dearest Angel,

We are so proud of your decision to follow Jesus and your growing passion for our Savior! I pray you continue to strive to serve Him each day with your life. I know He has big plans for you! You are already telling us that you want to be a missionary when you grow up! I will continue to pray daily for the wisdom and grace to parent you and support you as you pursue God's vision for your life! Our dear friends, the Mwanda's wrote to you about this verse and reminded us of God's promise from his Word. 
"And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man."
Luke 2:52
May you follow Jesus' example and may God receive all the glory for it!

With all our Love,
Mom and Dad

No comments: