I should have posted this picture a long time ago, especially with the recent turn of events. Before now, I have never had a new car. I have always been blessed, and I really mean blessed, not in a sarcastic way, with being able to use the cars my parents no longer needed. However, prior to the wedding, I was having a lot of car trouble and having to jump my car a lot. It was really not reliable enough for the amount of driving I do for work. When we got home from our honeymoon, I was still having to jump the car and after a fender bender that involved rain and a sleep deprived Becca, Jeff and I decided to buy me a new car. Jeff had been doing research for a couple months, knowing I would need a car sooner rather than later. So, the Saturday after we returned from our honeymoon, we purchased a new 2007 Saturn Aura. It is beautiful with Moroccan brown leather (my teenage clients call them the peanut butter seats) and On Star to help me with directions, and tons of other wonderful features. I love it and am so happy to have it!
Well, on Saturday after the wedding we went to, an older gentleman backed his car into my brand new car. It isn't a lot of damage and if it were in the past when I had older cars, I probably wouldn't have even gotten it fixed, but this is a new car. I went to get an estimate today and it is a bit more expensive when we expected. These type of situations are difficult because for minor damage, isn't really worth dealing with insurance companies and deductibles. Plus, we feel bad for the man that hit us. But, the body shop said I would be out of a car for three full work days and the man is going to have to pay for a rent car for me. We are in a pickle trying to decide what to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment