Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter

We had a wonderful time celebrating over Easter weekend and actually for a couple of weeks leading up to it!! I love spending time with my boys and we had a lot more time to do so then most weekends, so we filled it with a lot of family fun! Since "A" was out of school for good Friday, we took a road trip to Brenham to look at all the bluebonnets and take pictures. I have always loved bluebonnets and adore family photos in them so I jumped at the chance to capture our boys in them!
They had a bit more fun walking/running in them than actually posing, but I love the candid ones just as much as the posed anyway! What handsome boys we have!
Oh, and I know bluebonnet pictures are a Texas tradition, but we met a family (who we begged to take a picture of all 4 of us together) who took this tradition to all new heights. They had ladders for the kids to sit on and 18 changes of clothes. Our boys have way too much energy to wait for that type of production, but their little girls seemed completely comfortable with it!
Anyway, on Saturday we had an Easter egg hunt in our front yard. The boys definitely got the hang of hunting eggs! "J" was so cute because he couldn't wait to pick all the eggs up first and instead chose to open each egg and put the candy in his mouth before going to pick up another. We are all about instant gratification at our house!
Later on we dyed eggs. The boys enjoyed drawing on the eggs with the magic crayons before dipping them in the dye.
Here is all their handiwork!
Easter Sunday, before church, the boys got their Easter baskets! That Easter bunny sure knows them well because they each got a brand new Hot Wheels car in their baskets!
After church, we went to my parents' house where we took some family photos of our first Easter as a family of 4, before enjoying Easter lunch! Here is a pretty good one of me and my hubby. We did a family color coordination of pastel blue and sage. It turned out pretty cute! I have to say that I have a hard time with coordinating every one's outfits for special events and photos. Shot, it is hard enough for me to coordinate my own outfit!
When we got home from Easter lunch, we made Resurrection Rolls. This was an idea I got from my sister's blog. If you go to her blog you will see some better pictures of what they are supposed to look like and the recipe.
Most of ours did not look very "empty tombish", but here is one that worked pretty well.
The significance is what is important though and the emphasis is on the empty tomb, which is really what Easter is all about! The boys are still pretty confused about the death and resurrection of Jesus. We look so forward to the day when God will pierce their hearts with the realization of their need for His everlasting life and they will accept Him as their Lord and Savior!! Until then, we are seeking Him daily as we strive to raise them to love Him!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like a wonderful Easter for your family of four! I'm jealous that you got bluebonnet pics in Brenham. I bet that you got some beautiful shots!

I'm glad that you tried the Resurrection Rolls. I had a couple of my rolls that didn't turn out right, too. I think that I didn't pinch the edges quite good enough. Next year we'll know...

Give A&J a hug from Aunt Sarah!

Jocelyn said...

sounds like a wonderful Easter.
ohhh... Adrian did the same thing with egg hunting. while sariyah was busy getting every egg she could, he stopped at each one to eat the candy... sweet little boys!!
the resurrecton rolls... that is great. will have to try them maybe next year.