Mrs. S (really I used her first name because well, we have been in this together since the beginning):
It has been one of those mornings! "J" scratched "A" in the face (see red marks on his cheek) during an early morning feud over who knows what. "A" refused to eat his breakfast (or really do anything we asked him to do) so he will likely say he is hungry later, but this is a natural consequence. In general, it was one of those mornings where you wish everyone could just go back to bed for an hour or so and then try it again. I'm sure "A" will do fine at school as usual, but I wanted to let you know.
Thanks,
Becca
And the reason I love his sweet Kindergarten teacher (that is not only an amazing teacher, but such an encouragement as a fellow mom) is her response email. It is so full of tenderness and grace not just for "A," but for us as parents as well!
Becca,
I am so sorry your day started off like that. "A" is just as happy as can be right now. He came in with a big smile on his face and ready to work. I am going to have a talk with him and see what he has to say. I just want you to know that he is the happiest little guy and it is all because of you and his dad. He is so confident at school and just happy to be who he is. That speaks volumes for the hard work and dedication of his parents. You guys are the best in my books!! Hang in there!!
Sincerely,
Mrs. S (well, again first name basis enters again here)
I hope first grade brings us another amazing teacher, but no one can beat our sweet Mrs. S!
1 comment:
What an amazing teacher/friend. There is no question that God put this angel in all of your lives. She deserves to be awarded a crown daily.
Post a Comment