Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

Let's not talk about how many times I have written a "weekend wrap up" type post on Wednesday, at least this time it is only Tuesday night! I just can't get it together, but let's face it that is what motherhood is all about. I don't claim to be "super mom" remember this post? Anyway, we had a nice weekend! We could have crammed more fun activities into our schedule but we are making a conscience effort to stay home more. The kids need it and well, so do we. Saturday Jeff and I went to a marriage seminar at our church. Again, let's be real, we NEED that too! Marriage is hard, but marriage with kids is harder, and we got 2 at once. Thank God for our church's child care! If it weren't for it and my gracious parent's we'd never have any time as just the 2 of us. Wow, I guess I'm not my normal reserved, let's not share too much personal information self. I guess fatigue will do that to you.
Anyway, Saturday night after the seminar we took the kids to the last Houston Aeros hockey game of the season. They did pretty well and seemed to enjoy it!
Plus, the Aeros won!
On Sunday we opted to spend some time at home and miss church. Our kiddos were exhausted from the late night and actually slept in and therefore so did we. Sunday afternoon we went to Jeff's parent's house to see his parents and several family members that came in town, including sweet Granddad. We enjoyed family time and the boys loved riding the tractor out to see the pecan trees and the horses!
It was a great weekend and well worth the post, even if it was a few days late! PS: I know you are all getting frustrated with looking at the back of the kids' heads, but I promise it won't be much longer!

No comments: