Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Jenny and Becca, back together again!

For those of you that met me post-high school, you don't know about Jenny. But, Jenny and I were very best friends in high school, inseperable in fact! Well, Jenny moved to Honduras for a couple of years and met the man of her dreams, got married and moved back to the states. Jenny and Gustavo have been back in the Houston area for a while now, but Jenny and I haven't seen each other in a while.

A week ago I got to spend three days at Jenny and Gustavo's house while I was at a training nearby. I never actually saw Gustavo because he works nights and I was there at nights only, but I appreciate his hospitality as well. Jenny and I had a lot of fun talking, catching up, looking at each others scrapbooks, and our favorite, eating!

Thank you Jenny and Gustavo for your hospitality!


On Thursday I got to see my husband again after three days apart when I picked him up for a surprise lunch. Friday was fun too because Jeff got some alone time at home while I went to dinner with my friend from church, Alecia. Alecia and her husband got married last month after her sister and Maid of Honor was missing in Alaska for a week after getting lost while hiking. The story made national news and the family was reunited just two days before Alecia and Dennis' wedding. It is amazing how they endured that stress, but they are an amazing couple! We enjoyed celebrating their wedding and the reunion with them.

Anyway, Saturday we celebrated Tim's birthday with some good ol' fashioned friend fun! We played rock band, ate wings and icecream, and enjoyed every minute of it!
I didn't get a picture of Jeff in action, but he actually played all three parts in the band, not simoltaniously of course, but usually he isn't into playing at all!
Here we are after jamming out:

1 comment:

Gran said...

I really am impressed with your new layout - very professional. I'm so glad you got to spend some quality time with Jenny. Seeing other friends had to be a treat! I am thankful the quater is finally over...