Sunday, August 10, 2008

A "Suite" deal!

This weekend was a great one with the perfect mix of time with friends, time together, and time alone.

Jeff filed at work on Thursday and was able to make it to our small group Bible study for the first time in about a month. The group was glad to have him back and so was I, even though everyone was very sweet to me while I was a "single woman"!

Jeff had the day off on Friday and I worked from home, so we were able to have lunch together, etc. Friday night we watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics. AMAZING! I multi-tasked by scrapbooking at the same time. When we were done with that we made a midnight trip to Wal-Mart. We rarely do this, but we walked on the wild side! After navigating the isles filled with boxes and workers re-stocking the shelves, we retrieved our items and headed home.

Saturday Jeff took care of some car errands while I cleaned and did laundry. Saturday afternoon Katie, Josh, and Caleb came to see us on their way back to Dallas. We had a nice visit and celebrated Caleb's half birthday with sweets that he was too young to eat. Sorry Caleb!
Here are some photos from their visit:


Saturday night we had the wonderful opportunity to get free tickets to the Texans game from Jeff's company and sit in their suite at the game.
Reliant stadium:

The players taking the field:

The sign outside the Live Nation suite:

The suite was decorated with Live Nation and concert/band signs:

We also got free parking, food (including ice cream sundaes in the little helmet), drinks, and a game day program. I also got to meet Jeff's co-workers, whom he has spent most of his time with lately. They were all very down to Earth and we had an amazing time! I told Jeff that I would like to be rich so that I could do things like this all the time! I joke with Jeff that he is a "rock star" because he works for the world's largest concert promoter, even though he is on the accounting staff. This time it really did feel like he was a rock star, at least for the day.

The game was close, but the Texans won by a field goal!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a fun weekend! And man, what a awesome deal to get suite tickets for the Texan's game. It was nice to see you at church and get a sweet Becca hug. Have a good Monday!

Anonymous said...

I love getting to sit in the suites. It make it so that you never want to sit in the unair-conditioned seats again.

Gran said...

What a fantastic weekend... Jeff -and you - deserve it after all the hours Jeff had to work. Love you two...

The Davila's said...

That sounds like lots of fun, I love the Texans and enjoying the game in a suite is just topping on the cake! You look great, hope we see you two soon!! =))

Anonymous said...

SO Fun!! We were so glad to get so see you both!
It looks like yall had a great time at the game...and the best part sounds like the ice cream in the helmet...I love that!!