Saturday, August 30, 2008

A finished book and a new chapter



So, I tried to tie what truly is a random mix of pictures and thoughts into a single theme with the title I created. In general I am not a fan of change, but God seems to be teaching me a lot through transitions the last couple of years. Getting married was of course the biggest change that brought a series of more change, which have been the best of my life! You'll see in the slide show that I posted some of the spreads I created for our Wedding scrapbook. It has taken me months and it is HUGE, but the scrapbook is complete and I am proud of all my hard work! I have had a lot of fun creating it and am looking forward to starting on a honeymoon scrapbook along with one for our first year of marriage. All this has gotten me thinking. I saw online the other day that some people have their own business for creating scrapbooks for others. I have often considered doing such a think, but wasn't sure how it worked. So, I am toying with the idea of trying it out. Of course, I would start with people I know and then try to branch out if it works out. What do ya'll think, would it work?

Jeff recently surprised me with flowers. I had forgotten that we were coming up on 2 1/2 years of being together, but my thoughtful husband didn't forget! He had to explain what the flowers were for, but once he did, I couldn't have appreciated him more! He is a wonderful provider and God has truly blessed me with my perfect match!

Also in the slide show I've posted pics of my goodbye lunch with some of the foster care staff at the main campus of DePelchin. I have been feeling God moving me towards making a change for at least 6 months, but I didn't want to leave DePelchin because it is such a wonderful organization to work for and I truly believe in the mission statement. I thought about staying at DePelchin and leaving the foster care department, but that wasn't God's plan. So, instead He has decided to bring me and my supervisor, Gabrielle to the Ft. Bend satellite location of DePelchin to join the foster care staff there. I began the new position on August 18th and spent the first week with two caseloads as I tried to transition my previous families to the new clinicians. It was crazy! Now, I am starting to settle in and am realizing I have my work cut out for me getting everything organized and meeting a whole new group of kids and foster parents. It is going to be a good change though and most of my families are closer to my home and the office is too. I will miss my sweet buddies/co-workers at the main campus, but I'll be back once a month for our all staff meeting.

2 comments:

Gran said...

You did a fantastic job on your scrapbook. Youur creativity really shows. I am prod of all you do - personally and professionally.

Anonymous said...

THe scrapbook looks great! Hope you love the new work place!!