Friday, August 1, 2008

Encouragement from an Unlikely Source

Okay, so most of you know that it has been a difficult few months at my job and I have really considered making changes. Well, due to some recent events it appears that God has other plans and He would like me to stay, at least for now, working with foster families. Last night I recieved some news of rejection from another opportunity and in the very next moment, I came across this in the blog of one of my foster mothers:

"when it feels like everything is falling apart around me and my anxiety level over things out of my control has reached a toxic level. I am so thankful to have a clinician with the agency I am through who not only supports me and my worries, but is also a Christian and not afraid to remind me of God's sovereign plan, love and peace."

Isn't it wonderful that God uses other people to bless us right at the exact moment when we need it?! I was feeling really hurt and rejected and I read this and God ministered to me greatly by these words that the foster mother did not even expect me to read. Praise God for His ever personal and loving manner of encouraging us in pursuing His will!

4 comments:

Gran said...

Not surprising, though. You have an amazingly effective minstry. That other opportunity was just not the right one now. I was taught that sometimes a vision must die three times before it is the one you should really seek.
I love you..

Unknown said...

The Lord is so gracious. I love sweet glimpses of the effect we have on other people. So often no one ever tells us so we just assume we've made no difference. Soooo not true! Keep it up Becca!

Anonymous said...

Becca,

I love your blog! Great article too!

Sarah

Jenny M said...

Good to find that you blog too! Looks like you are doing really well!!!