We are still recovering from our weekend of fun birthday celebration, complete with sugar induced coma. "A"s 7th birthday is July 20th. We have an all day training for our adoption agency next Saturday (can you feel the excitement?), so we had the party this past Saturday (July 10). It was all Spiderman, all the time! I am still dreaming in red and blue. Even the food was primarily red and blue in honor of "A"s favorite super hero! It is a bonus that my boys LOVE blueberries and strawberries!
The Spiderman decorations were borderline over the top, but I think we came in just shy of tacky!
There was a GIANT bounce house in my back yard for the big kids. It was so hot though that all of them were drenching with sweat every time they came in from playing to take a little break!
This action was much more my style. The 3 and under crowd had their own mini bounce house in the comfort of the AC!
Our "A" LOVED opening all his presents. However, he thought he should be able to unwrap all the packaging and play with each one before going on to the next. It was quite a challenge to keep he and his lil' entourage of party goers from busting open every gifts packaging and mixing all the many pieces up in one big mess!
Sweet Michelle, our friend and hair dresser was kind enough to help referee the chaos while keeping a list for thank you notes. I am pretty sure she is a modern day Saint!
The last present was a Spiderman bike from us! "A" has been asking for one for months and my sweet parents got him all the protective gear to go with it (helmet, knee and elbow pads)!
The cake was so fun too! Way to go HEB bakery! I considered briefly making the cake myself, but quickly came to my senses when I remembered I don't know the first thing about cake decorating! As my friend says, "you should always leave birthday cakes to the professionals!"
Sweet Michelle, our friend and hair dresser was kind enough to help referee the chaos while keeping a list for thank you notes. I am pretty sure she is a modern day Saint!
The last present was a Spiderman bike from us! "A" has been asking for one for months and my sweet parents got him all the protective gear to go with it (helmet, knee and elbow pads)!
The cake was so fun too! Way to go HEB bakery! I considered briefly making the cake myself, but quickly came to my senses when I remembered I don't know the first thing about cake decorating! As my friend says, "you should always leave birthday cakes to the professionals!"Thank you to all our family and friends who loved on our sweet "A" and made him feel so special while celebrating his birthday!
3 comments:
We had so much fun. You are quite the party giver and "hostess with the mostest". A is a blessed little guy.
How fun! Glad that you guys had so much fun. Happy Birthday, A!
Happy Birthday, A! Thanks for inviting us to your party, little man. Love you! :)
Post a Comment