Monday, July 30, 2007

Our Retreat

We are so happy to report that we enjoyed a wonderful retreat this past weekend in Round Top. The retreat center was beautiful and instead of cabins they had what appear to be historic homes. Jeff and I felt like we were at a bed and breakfast, which is somewhere we have been wanting to go. Our room had a King sized bed and two twin beds in it and we had our own bathroom and shower. The speakers were Steve and Debbie from Shreveport, LA. They are an amazing couple with a lot of experience to share not only of their own marriage, but also of countless couples they have ministered to. We learned so much, but more importantly God revealed himself to us both individually and as a couple. He ministered to us through the leaders of our class, the speakers, and the other couples. We are new at this marriage thing and are so grateful for the guidance and wisdom we have available to us through our class. Here are some pictures from the retreat.




On another note, last night we walked 5 miles. We had to do it on our own since we were out of town on Saturday morning and couldn't walk with the group. However, I noticed 5 miles did not seem as hard as the previous 4 mile milestone. We have worked up to almost 1/5 of a marathon. YAY us! Jeff is so encouraging and disciplined or I'm sure I would have already given up. With his help, I know I can do it! Next weekend we will walk 6 miles. Please, pray for us to continue to stay injury free as we train.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This does seem to be the same place FBBA went to in the years past. It is beautiful. Congratulations on the walking. Wow... I am impressed.

I love you