Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Joys of Pet Ownership!

Disclaimer: I love animals and I LOVE my pets!

I droped Harvey off for his regularly scheduled vet appointment yesterday on my way to work. Like every responsible pet owner, I take him twice a year to Banfield. We purchase "pet insurance" from the vet for all of our pets (2 cats and a dog). At least we currently do, maybe not for much longer. Anyway, I mentioned to the vet that he has been scratching his ears a lot and they had me sign a paper that they could clean them ($14). The vet called me at 2 PM and let me know I owed them $123!! What?! But, I have the "pet insurance". Oh, but "we cleaned his ears, he has an ear infection, so we need you to put this antibiotic in his ear twice a day, etc." I ask, what the antibiotic does, because I am thinking, if it is Neosporen I can buy that at CVS for $2. The lady gives me a sufficient enough answer to stomach buying the $26 antibiotic. So, Jeff picked up the dog and paid the bill $123. A couple of hours later I get a call from the vet informing me that his nurse did not sell us the ear wash we are supposed to use twice a week. Oh no, we will not purchase this because I have a whole bottle from 2004 when they suckered me into it the last time. Did I mention Harvey has to go back in two weeks for a "follow up." I wonder how much that will cost!

This morning I wake up, still fuming a little from the vet bill when I notice cat puke is at the bottom of the bed, on my side of course and on the comforter! YUCK! Jeff was nice enough to clean it up. Then I walk through the kitchen to see a pile of dog poop in the dinning room. Again, see disclaimer, but honestly, I'm a little annoyed!

4 comments:

Gran said...

You have every reason to be annoyed! I sure it's not Harvey's fault; they must have given him something at the vet's to make him sick.

Unknown said...

Gotta love pets!

Anonymous said...

They are so much work...but so fun too! Miss ya, Friend!

Jenny M said...

I feel your pain. We have 3 dogs, one who is deaf and epileptic, and a cat that had TWO $500 vet bills in ONE MONTH! I love them, but geesh they are pricey to love!