We has talked on the phone often but I remember being very cautious and being grateful that Jeff was so sweet to suggest a public place like a dog park to meet. I was also grateful because I knew Harvey would let me know if Jeff was shady. He's a great judge of character as most dogs are! It was very cold and windy that day, very different from the 75 degree weather we're having today. When Jeff walked up t me,I was picking up Harvey's puppy business with one of the dogie bags at the park. How romantic is that?! Harvey showed his approval by not barking at Jeff. Jeff and I had a wonderful time talking at the park before going to Starbucks to sit outside with Harvey, drink coffee, and get to know each other better. We sat there until it was no longer humanly possible to sit in the cold! Jeff walked me to the car and gave me a Valentine before saying goodbye. I remember wondering if the Valentine was a good sign, but knew it was when Jeff asked me out for our second date and first formal date to the Grotto on 2/15/06.
I've been very sentimental leading up to today and was so excited when Jeff brought home a dozen roses and a sweet card last night!!
How thoughtful especially because it was 11 PM before he made it home from work and he was exhausted!! Today we celebrated by having lunch together at California Pizza Kitcheen since Jeff won't be home for dinner. I am so blessed to be married to such a wonderful guy and to share this journey called life with him! I love you, Jeffie!!
1 comment:
I enjoyed reading all your updates. We've missed you guys at church lately!
Post a Comment