Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We're still here

Well, once again we've been on a blogging hiatus. Sorry to drop the adoption bomb and then leave you wondering what was going on. On the adoption front, there are no changes, except that I have begun furniture shopping for the lil' guy's room. Any suggestions for affordable, good quality furniture? I want it to be something that can grow with him. I don't think we will need a toddler bed, so it will need to be "big boy" furniture from the beginning. Jeff has been working a million hours as it is year end time so we won't finish the training until next month. I have been trying to gather all the information required for our application. Right now I am trying to draw a floor plan of our home. This would be easier if we built the home, but we didn't so now I am trying to play architect.

Mixed in with all this craziness, I quit my job at DePelchin last week. I was freaking out after "one of those days" and I said enough is enough. The next day I put in my notice. I have to give a whole month notice so in the mean time I am interviewing for a new job. I expect an offer this week from a psych hospital in Bellaire. Now if that's not a total shift, I don't know what is! I'll be working with adults with dual diagnosis. We will see. I've also applied to train to get my alternative teaching certification. I'm trying to keep my options open. Anyway, I would love to forget it all and be a stay at home mommy, but that's not an option right now. In the meantime I'm going to try to take this opportunity to grow professionally. It has been sad telling my families, especially the kids, but they are a resilient bunch, so I'm sure they'll be fine!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

So, you keep referring to a "little guy." Does that mean that you are planning on a boy? Hmmm... Clayton would be in hog heaven. Actually, boy or girl, he is going to love his cousin! :)

As far as furniture, we've never bought anything new for either of our boys - all hand-me-downs. Check craigslist. I hear there are some great finds on there.

Gran said...

I know you will be missed at Foster Care, but you will enjoy the new challenge.