Though this first creation, isn't a craft I thought I'd share it because I laughed out loud at myself for coming up with it. Our second date which was the day after Valentines, I brought home made snicker doodles as a Valentines gift. I bought this cute plate with "cookies" written on it to give them to him on. After purchasing the plate and right before I was going to put the cookies on it, I read the label on the back, "contains lead". Now, why you would make a plate that says "cookies" and then expect that people would not serve food on it, I'll never know! So, I decided to wrap the plate in Saran wrap to protect the cookies, and Jeff from lead poisoning. So, last night to commemorate our dating anniversary, I made Jeff snicker doodles and served them on the famous plate covered with Saran wrap!

Now to the crafts. My dear friend, Jenny is having her first baby in April and I'm throwing her a baby shower. She's never had a shower before and I want to make it super special. So, I made some homemade invitations. The closed card is in the foreground and then behind it is an example of what it looks like open to reveal the party details inside. I think they turned out pretty cute and I'm excited to see what she thinks about them.

In addition to these I have been creating another craft while Jeff is working all his over time. My friend Sarah saw beaded head bands at a craft sale and decided to recreate them herself. I saw hers and decided to try them myself. I am experimenting with different colors and sizes of beads and am making one for each girl on my case load. Every girl needs some bling!
5 comments:
Your Betty Crocker and Martha Sewart skills are outstanding. Thanks for sharing.
Cute headbands. I like the idea...I migth steal it :).
That would be MIGHT steal it :).
Steal away Lynn, I stole the idea from someone who stole it from someone else!! I def. recommend making them while watching a TV show or movie. That's what I do. You can do one head band per TV show. I got all my supplies at Hobby Lobby and the bands come 3/$3 unless they are having the 1/2 of jewelry sale and then they are a steal!!
Adorable Becca! I want a headband! So cute! I hope you guys are great. We need to catch up sometime soon.
Post a Comment