Saturday, February 21, 2009

Baby Love

Well today was a very eventful day! I had my first day leading groups with adult patients at an inpatient psychiatric hospital in Bellaire. I will be working there on the weekends until they have enough patients to hire me full time. I also interviewed this week for a full time job at United Cerebral Palsy in Bellaire doing Early Childhood Intervention and play therapy. If the ECI job is offered to me I will probably accept that one. However I really enjoyed my groups today!! I was nervous because I've never worked in this type of setting and it has been a while since I've lead groups with adults. I truly believe in the process of group therapy and I felt that today was evidence that it works! Anyway, I worked a half day and then rushed home to host my first ever baby shower for my long time friend, Jenny! I only had a hour and a half between when I got off work and when the shower began so it got a little hectic, but Jeff, my mom, and my dad helped me pull it off.
Jeff helped me make this onesie banner. Here is a photo of it with the table set up. I think it turned out REALLY cute! I got the idea from my friend, Jenny M's blog (different Jenny then the shower honoree). My mom fashioned the bow to top my very first attempt at diaper cake creating. It was really fun to make and not as hard as I expected. My dad was the final detail man and food display engineer. All the help was much appreciated and the shower was a success! Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, which is the most important part! Here are three of my favorite girls posing Paris Hilton style! Jenny, her mom, and baby Ariana (three generations) My BFF and I, please excuse my work apparel. I didn't have time to change clothes. Jenny, her sister Christina, and her niece Maggie. I remember holding Maggie when she was a new born and now she's such a big girl!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

YAY - looks like everything turned out perfectly! How was the punch?

Love the diaper cake - too cute!

Can't wait to hear that Baby Ariana is here! You better post pics. :)

Sarah said...

YAY - looks like everything turned out perfectly! How was the punch?

The diaper cake turned out great - too cute!

Can't wait to hear that Baby Ariana is here! You better post pics. :)

Gran said...

It was fun... You did not only a professional job but also one filled with love. Your attentioon to detail was amazing.

Anonymous said...

I love the diaper cake. I have been keeping up with your blog. I really respect and admire your decision to adopt. We have another friend that just adopted a 7 year old boy. Glad you all are well!

Albus Adventures said...

The punch was awesome, Sarah! Thanks for the recipe...it was the rave of the shower!

Jenny M said...

So cute! Love that I could help! The clothes line also works GREAT for lingerie showers- just fyi ;)