Saturday, May 23, 2009

Aeros Action

Jeff ended up getting to come home a couple of hours early Friday to start the holiday weekend.  We decided to get tickets for the Aeros game since it is their last play off game at home.  I had wanted to get tickets for this game for Jeff for our anniversary, but they weren't selling them yet.  They had to win a couple more games first.  We were pumped to go!  I don't know why more people don't go to their games.  They are really fast paced, exciting, and the tickets are cheap!  
Anyway, I took my trusty camera to document the experience to share with our kiddo in our adoption book.  They have a purse check before you go into the stadium so they checked my bag, clearly saw my camera and said nothing.  So, I zip the bag back up and we are on our way.  When we get to our seats, I con Jeff into some pre-game photos.  I put the camera around my neck ( I know, super dorky.  I'm lucky my husband still goes out with me) and waited for the action to begin.  That's when the middle aged man next to me, points at my camera and says, "you know you can't have that in here" and flashes his media pass at me.  I said something about the lady who checked my bag and didn't say anything, but he put out his hand and told me I had to give it to him.  Yea, right, I'm going to give you my camera because you flashed your (for all I know, homemade) media pass at me.  I start to put the camera away and he tells me he's kidding.  I'm still not convinced he was, but I kept taking pictures anyway and aren't you glad I did.  
This is my attempt at interesting photography with the puck Jeff bought as a souvenir.
Our self portrait that might make it in the adoption book.  We want to show him how we have fun together and what special moments we want to share with him.Being a ref looks like a dangerous job.  He's inches away from some very aggressive men with sticks.
They won the game after two over times.  We won't mention that they kept the Moose from scoring at all up until the last period and then they let them tie it up in the last 30 seconds.  I guess they weren't ready to call it a night and wanted to make it a nail bitter. 
Here's our hometown team celebrating their victory.  Now, they're off to Canada to try to keep the dream alive for a couple more games!  

No comments: