Monday, May 18, 2009

Check!

Well today is the day for we've all been waiting for. Every time any of our adoption requirements are checked off our list feels like a very important day and today we (hopefully) get a big one checked off! Today is the fire inspection. I came into work extra early today so I could leave a few minutes early and make it home by 5:30 PM for our appointment with Inspector Prater. The check list we used to prepare had 23 items on it, but I will highlight a few.
1. No more than 6 children in the home - check (as if I'd have time to be writing this if I was the momma to 6 kids!)
2. Written evacuation plan and procedures for meeting potential disasters and emergencies, such as fire and severe weather - check
3. No more than 10 gallons of flammable liquids - check
4. Interconnected fire alarms - check
5. Gas pressure test - $250 down, but check
6. A/C and heater inspection - check
7. 2 working fire extinguishers - check
8. Matches and lighters kept out of the reach of children - check
9. At least one working flashlight - check

Bring it on, inspector lady! We're ready for you!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow - sounds like y'all will be more prepared than we are, for sure! Here's to checking another thing off of the list. :)

"L" said...

I would have never thought this is part of the adoption process. So interesting, I'm really glad you are sharing your expereience. Did you also have to have a completed bedroom for him too? It's wonderful by the way!