Monday, May 11, 2009

Home Sweet Home Study

In preparation for our up coming home study in a few weeks (hence the clever title), we have been making some changes to our home decor. I have been looking for curtains for our living room for several months now. I finally found an idea for curtain pairings at JC Penny and then recreated the look by purchasing the accent panels as a splurge at JC Penny and ordering the rest from Walmart.com. But after I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy the accent curtains at JC Penny, they put them on sale for half the price! YAY! I got a great deal and love the way the curtains transform the room!
Our bedroom furniture for our lil' guy was delivered Saturday. We arranged it just the way we wanted and Jeff did a great job putting together the book shelf for his toys! I helped by handing him tools and reading the directions. It will have those canvas drawers in it once lil' man picks out his bedding and tells us his favorite colors. The room is definitely coming together! Jeff and I need to put together the other bookshelf and my sister offered to make the letters for the scripture on the wall. After that we will have done all we can before we meet our little guy!
What do ya'll think!? I just can't wait to see him in there making the room his own!

In other news, we are scheduled for our fire inspection for Monday, May 18th. That is just one day before our 2nd Wedding anniversary! When the inspector called to schedule yesterday, I was so excited I nearly squealed!

4 comments:

Lauren and Derek said...

Exciting, looks like things are getting closer! Love the furniture. Keep us updated! Love ya'll!

Sarah said...

Sounds like y'all are checking things off of your list left and right! Who knew that a fire inspection could make a girl so happy. :)

We are praying daily for our nephew...

Gran said...

Beautiful job - and so frugal.
Congratulations on a job well done.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! The room looks great!!