So, the first day back to work after a holiday weekend is always hard. This morning my alarm went off at 5:30 AM and I made the decision to push snooze. Seems harmless, but I am not a snooze pusher and therefore do not cushion my time for it. I get up at 5:39 AM already needing to hustle to get out of the house by 6:15. Shower goes okay, but then I make the second foolish decision of the morning. I decide to go check e mail/blogs. So, it's now 1o minutes after 6 and I am sitting at the computer reading McMama's antics with my wet hair nearly dripping on the keyboard. I rush in to finish getting ready, kiss my sweet bed head of a hubby goodbye, and rush to make my lunch before heading out the door. Next, I do what I do every morning and push the door to the garage lock from the inside and rush out the door. Immediately after I close the door I realize, my car/house keys are hanging on the hook on the OTHER side of the locked door. I call my sweet bed head:
Me: Jeff, I locked myself in the garage again. My keys are on the hook.
Bed Head: I'll be right there.
I don't know what's worse, that I locked myself in the garage or that it didn't faze my hubby who has been through this with me before. Regardless, I get in the car at 6:39 AM and decide it looks like a toll road kind of morning. 5 minutes after getting in the car frazzled, I hear Jars of Clay's Two Hands, take a deep breath and decide it's going to be a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment