Saturday, July 25, 2009

Celebration

Jeff has been working late, so we really haven't had much "face time" to talk about the newest developments in our adoption journey or to celebrate them. Thursday night I got several great surprises, the first of which was that my fabulous hubby was able to come home at his regular time. We started dinner when he got home and I was just chopping bell peppers when I saw these on the counter:
My sweet hubby had flowers delivered to celebrate our news that we are officially verified to adopt! How very sweet and thoughtful he is!! The card reads: "Congratulations on getting verified to adopt. I love you and appreciate all that you do. The most difficult part of attaining perfection is finding something to do for an encore. Love, Jeff"

We enjoyed a fabulous dinner of salmon cakes which Jeff made almost entirely by himself! Then we went to our local town square/shopping area to listen to live jazz music. It was a beautiful evening of celebration!

2 comments:

Gran said...

Congratulations! Jeff, you are so thoughtful - and write special loving emotions so well.

Court said...

I am a friend of Jocelyn's and came over from her blog...but then you looked familiar and I realized that I posted on your blog earlier this year, after you posted on my other friend's blog (Erica). Small world! I just wanted you to know how exciting it was to read up on all that has happened and that you are just waiting for your precious one to come home. I will be praying for you and your husband as the Lord prepares you for the next step in your journey and in building your family.

~ Courtney