Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Waiting Game Officially Begins

Well, Friday July 3rd was the day we've been preparing for the past 7 months, our home study! The "home study man" who will remain nameless, arrived 20 minutes early as we were eating our donut breakfast. Perfect. We rushed to stash it away to finish later before answering the door. We spent the next 2 1/2 hours answering the rest of his questions. He had already sent us 32 pages to complete before he got here, in addition to the 25 page application we already gave them. These people are nothing if they're not thorough and for that I'm thankful. Jeff bought these awesome flowers to make the house look extra homey. I think it will put us over the top!
Our house was in tip top shape, even though he didn't look at any of the things we expected him to, except Lil' Man's room. Oh well...we were prepared anyway. We are done and now we wait to hear the verdict.
In the meantime, we finished Lil' Man's room by putting up the vinyl lettered scripture we purchased from the sweet lady at Say It On the Wall! She sent us a hand written note and several e mails to make sure we stayed informed. I definitely recommend her!
Anyway, this lettering took us 3 1/2 hours to put up!! Here's Jeff burnishing the letters to the transfer tape. Let's just say the Texas heat made this way easier said then done!
This is me pretending to use the level. Truly my hubby is the leveling expert. If it had been up to me, the wall would have been left with only, "This is what the Lord says" and Lil' Man would have to fill in the blanks!
Proud Papa putting on the finishing touches!
Harvey was no help, but he sure looks cute resting on Lil' Man's bed!! He runs and jumps on there every chance he gets. We think it means they will be the best of friends! I can't wait to see them there together!
Snowflake was "helping" pull the tape off...silly kitty!
The finished product...I'm in love!
Now begins the first phase of the waiting game. The "home study man" said he should have an answer for us in two weeks about whether or not the agency approves us. Once we get our approval in the form of a verification certificate we wait to be matched and selected to parent our precious guy!

8 comments:

Jenny M said...

The room looks GREAT Becca! So neat!

I will be at my show opening this Thursday. It starts at 7:00pm and goes til 9:00pm. I'd love for you to come! Here is the address: Galleria Lazzara
5400 Mitchelldale Suite B.7
Houston, TX 77092, USA
www.gallerialazzara.com

Sarah said...

The scripture looks nice - good job! We're anxiously awaiting more news...

Matt and Jen Waller said...

So good to hear what is going on in your life! That is way exciting, what age are you hoping to adopt? And is it adopt or foster? What a special opportunity!

Megan B. said...

it's so beautiful!!

Gran said...

What a GREAT JOB!! Harvey will be BFF!

Erica said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is the last major step before licensing! So very, very exciting!

And your son's room looks great! I love the verse you picked out and your man did a great job putting it on the wall! Can't wait to meet the little guy who will call that room his own! :)

E-mail me if there is anything I can do to help you all in the process - any questions, etc.

Congratulations again! The Lord is so good! :)

Unknown said...

I love the verse you chose. Its one of my favorites. Also, you guys did a great job! I'm so excited for you!

Lauren and Derek said...

Love the verse!! His room looks great! Keep me posted. We're praying for you as you wait for God to bless your life abundantly through parenthood.