Monday, July 6, 2009

Independence Day

So Jeff and I had Friday off. We spent some of it with the home study guy (stay tuned for a separate post) and then went to my parents' house for good food, pool time, and a great visit!! My dad grilled for us...twice and we had a relaxing day!

We planned to sleep in and hang around the house on Saturday before going to a BBQ/carnival/fireworks display in our neighborhood. We always go to a big downtown fireworks show, but decided to stay closer to home this year. We're trying to get more involved in our community. Anyway, the community affair cost $10 a person, and the full page ad in the community paper made it seem like it was worth every penny. Well, imagine our surprise when we pulled up and there were like 3 cars there. That can't be it we thought, it has to be a family reunion or something....but it was the event we were looking for. Needless to say we decided not to stay and instead went to eat Mexican food (so patriotic, I know). We couldn't handle another disappointment so we decided to go see the BIG fire works display they have down town. But we did not want to fight the crowds and pay for parking. So we watched the fireworks from a nearby Target parking lot for FREE. Even better because we went shopping while we waited for them to start and you could see a pretty view of the skyline.
Us before the show
This is my first time ever to get good pictures of fire works
and believe me I've tried.. a LOT!
The BIG finale!!
I will devote a whole post to our adoption update and pics of our addition to his room! But I'll tell you the interview and inspection went well and we're glad it's over! I should have the other post up by tomorrow.

No comments: