Friday, December 4, 2009

SNOWplace like Home!

Look what "Austin" the elf brought us as an early Christmas gift, all the way from the North Pole! SNOW!!
Our giant pine trees have never looked more beautiful! This doesn't even look like Texas! Merry Christmas to US!
J loved playing in the back yard in the snow while A was at school!
There was even quite an accumulation beside the garage in front of our house
Yes, that would be my dog, Harvey running in the street in front of our house. This was just after J let him out of the front door while I was trying to take pictures of the front of the house! No worries, he decided it was too cold for a jog and came back home safe and sound!
The side of our house with the 3 giant pine trees were all covered in snow-so pretty!
A got out of school early so he and J got to play together. Here they are racing to the fence.
Our snow man...not the easiest task with 2 very excited young boys! J kept stomping on it out of sheer excitement!
The Perfect ending to the Perfect snow day consisted of some yummy hot chocolate and some snuggling on the couch! I'm so glad I got to share theses special memories with our boys! Poor Jeff was at work, but he is on his way home now. Hopefully he will get to enjoy the last of the snow.

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

oh wow... you guys actually had the snow STICK?!?! wow... what beautiful pictures... i love, love, love snow. so glad the boys got to get out there and enjoy it and i LOVE the snowman!

Megan B. said...

I have two elves just like "Austin" -- they were my mom's when she was little and I love them :) Looks like your snow day was perfect!

Gran said...

I'm glad H Man came home. What a wonderful day!

Sarah said...

Very fun! I wish that I could've seen their sweet little faces when A & J first saw the snow. I know that they had a ball in the winter wonderland. :)

Wendy said...

The snow was soooo much fun! Glad you got to enjoy it with your boys.