
Monday, May 18, 2009
The Verdict
I'm not going to lie...I was intimidated by Inspector Prater who was sitting in my drive way 10 minutes early in her unmarked dark tinted car with flashy police car lights on it. I waved, but she stayed in the car. I came back a few minutes later and she rolled down the window, but remained in the car. She informed me that I still had 6 minutes before she would come in, as our appointment time was 5:30 PM. She waited 6 minutes, until exactly 5:30 PM and then rang the door bell. Oh and did I mention, she also was fully uniformed with a gun!! She told me she thinks that all our neighbors are wondering what we did wrong for her to come to our house! She was very nice though and politely declined my offer of some water or a soda saying, "you can't offer that to me, people will think you're trying to bribe me." Man, I can tell she can be one tough cookie if she has to be! She climbed in the attic, checked every door (including closet doors), and asked me numerous questions like, "There's a tornado coming right now, what do you do?" I gave the normal, but apparently wrong response that we would hide in the bathroom which has no windows. She took me in the bathroom and explained why this was a dumb idea. Anyway, I'm happy that she came and even happier that she left this behind:

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So, where are you supposed to go in a tornado? I would have given the same answer as you!
Congratulation on passing - and on 2 years of marriage!
Post a Comment