I was speaking with my fabulous friend and fellow "momma to be through adoption," Wendy the other day and she shed some light on how some people come to the decision to adopt after attempting to have biological children. I needed this perspective since Jeff and I have not gone through that particular journey.
However, I still feel like an oddity. I don't know anyone that is adopting an older child through the foster care system and I desperately want to. Adoption is our first choice for starting our family and I want to feel like this is unique and special, not just weird. Please, help!
6 comments:
Even though I haven't gone through either yet - trying to have biological children or adoption, I think its awesome what you're doing. If the Lord has led you there, then its not weird, its his leading and calling in your life! There are so many sweet children without loving parents and one of them will be tremendously blessed to have you as loving Christian parents. Press on! Focus on the truth in God's word and the peace He gives.
Lynn thanks for the encouragement! How great was it that Pastor Gregg talked about peace today?! Jeff and I have that in abundance about this decision even if I don't sound like it sometimes!
You are an amazing person. I truly look to you for encouragement and guidance as we go through the adoption process, just one step behind you. I know that we are adopting a younger child, but I am amazed at how loving you are to your child already. You love him and what better way to have a child come into your home then to already know in your heart that whoever he is he will be loved and cherished with you.
You are an amazing person. I truly look to you for encouragement and guidance as we go through the adoption process, just one step behind you. I know that we are adopting a younger child, but I am amazed at how loving you are to your child already. You love him and what better way to have a child come into your home then to already know in your heart that whoever he is he will be loved and cherished with you.
Oh my goodness, Rebecca... I am SO happy for you and your husband and so happy to find that you have been following our journey- it's been a tough one, but incredible. I think that is awsome what your desire is... and NOT weird at all. It is a calling that not all of us have because of fear, worry and sometimes selfishness (to be very honest with you). Couples like you are SO very needed- as you know through working with this system. I will be praying for you... for those that will be along side of you in this road, and for the children that will be SO very blessed to call your place home. I can't wait until I have time to sit down and read through the whole journey. SO glad you emailed me.
I don't know much about the adoption process, but to me what you're doing is just what Jesus did! After all, he adopted all of us, some entering his family earlier or later in life.. You're in my heart!
Post a Comment