So, we had our first July 4th. It is another one of the last firsts that I am getting so sentimental about and such a fun one at that! "A" kept calling Independence Day, "America Day," hence the title of the post. Both boys loved wearing their "USA" red, white, and blue shirts. In fact I had to do a load of laundry Saturday night so they would be clean for Sunday because they wore them so often! Anyway, we went to church Sunday morning and then over to my parent's house for lunch and swimming and of course....
After lunch and swimming, we tried and failed miserably to get the boys to take a nap so they would be rested for the fireworks. Around 8, we packed up and headed over to our local mall to watch the fireworks display, thinking going over an hour early would afford us a parking spot in the mall parking lot. No such luck, but we actually had a better view from our spot in the field across the street and a much easier time getting out afterwards.
I love taking pictures of fireworks!
But this year I couldn't take my eyes and therefore my camera lens off of my boys' sweet faces as they enjoyed the show! Please note that they are in a stranger's truck bed. They sure did climb up there and invite themselves to sit in the random people's lawn chairs even though we had some on the ground for them. They made fast friends with a sweet little 9 year old boy and his family was kind enough to let them sit in their truck with them. "J" definitely fell asleep in their lawn chair and slept through at least half the show. It was hilarious....sound asleep with super loud fireworks over head! It was even funnier the next morning when he said in a frantic tone, "MOMMY, we FORGOT to go to the fireworks!!!"
2 comments:
That is a cute story about J! What a doll! I'm so glad that y'all had a good first "America Day." :)
The patriotic trifel WAS delicious. I even broke down and ate some. Yummo! The fireworks look beautiful. Little J is a mess...
Post a Comment