I had several really proud mommy moments lately and I just had to share a couple with you. "A" has been processing what it means to be a family and what adoption means for some time now, but we really thought "J" was sort of in a state of confusion about the whole thing. Well, the other day "J" came home with this drawing and told us it was our family. He identified each person in relationship to one another. This is the very first time he has ever done that! He's drawn pictures with some of us in it but never all of us! He told us that the first person on the left is "A" because he is the bigger brother, then himself, then Daddy and then Mommy. I thought, yay, he is catching on. Then yesterday when I was taking him to school, he asked me if we could tell his teacher his name is going to change. He said he keeps forgetting to tell her. I was THE proudest Momma when he and I walked up to her and he told her his new full name.
For comparison sake, here is one of "A"s first family portraits from February 2010. I remember thinking, "great, he thinks my hips are huge, but at least I have good hair!" 
We couldn't be happier to be just ONE week away from officially becoming a forever family with our precious boys!
5 comments:
Love it, God is so faithful.
So excited for you guys ~ less than a week away :) What a special day that will be!
oh, that is just PRECIOUS!!I can't imagine what is going on in their little heads about this! and to see and hear them process it.... sigh... how wonderful!! so excited for you guys... only a week away!!!!!
I feel like a Blog Stalker! However, I am Wade's cousin. (I helped throw Sarah her baby shower for Drew.) Anyways, I have been reading your blog and you are an amazing woman & mother. I have only met you a handful of times but your words have definitely reached out to me. Sorry for the stalking :)
Ashlee:
I am so glad you have been enjoying our blog and we love that you follow our family! Thank you for your kind words and I hope to see you soon at another family event!
Thanks,
The Albus Family
Post a Comment