Where did the month of October go? Time has been flying by way too fast, but I am grateful for the change in seasons, cooler weather, and the upcoming Holidays. I love the fall/winter! We still haven't put the shorts up yet, but we at least have busted out some light jackets here in Houston. Such weird weather we have!
Anyway, let's play catch up on October in the Albus' home. "J" celebrated his 5th birthday on Oct. 11! He was so excited about his "Pump It Up Party!" We also celebrated him at his school. I went to his "celebration of life" at his school. Sort of a weird, secular, ceremony, but still sweet! I cried the night before because we had to make a poster with pictures and a description of "J" for each year of his life! The grief for the lost time and lack of pictures/stories of his first 3 years totally snuck up on me! But, in the end we are so very grateful for the time we do have with our sweet 5 year old!

Here "J" is carrying the globe around the rug. He went around one time for every year. The candles represent the sun. I told you it was sort of a funny ceremony.

"J" blowing out the candles at school with his "special friend" Lacey looking on. Isn't she precious?! They are quite a duo!

On "J"s actual birthday (also Columbus Day this year) we had the privileged of attending family camp with our adoption ministry from church! We did all kinds of attachment based activities with the kiddos and also learned more about connecting and correcting our sweet boys. Here Jeff is making our birthday boy into a hot dog! The whole group also sang "happy birthday" to "J" which our little extrovert ate up!

I treated "J" to pancakes for dinner as well! That
lil' guy loves pancakes and having them for dinner is even more fun!

We also got to go to Dallas to celebrate sweet Drew's 2
nd birthday! What a sweet little train conductor he made!

The boys loved riding in the real train with the other kiddos!

While we were in Dallas we just had to go to the State Fair. We missed it last year so this was the boys' first time to go!

Here they are planning our day with the map!

We went to the petting zoo but it was the last day of the fair and the animals were clearly not hungry for any more of the feed. Sweet "A" patiently held it out in the shovel anyway!

I am so jealous of this camel's eye lashes!

We love Big Tex!

And the Birds of the World show is also a huge favorite for our
little family!

"A" was scared of the
Ferris wheel at first but soon got distracted by the beautiful aerial view of the fair and sky line!

This green house was a new exhibit this year and I just thought it showcased some amazing craftsmanship! We had a blast in October! A Halloween post is coming soon so keep checking back!
2 comments:
LOVE it! Y'all are doing an amazing job with those boys.
I LOVE October! There is always so many fun things to do. :) It looks like the boys had a great month, and I am so glad that y'all were able to come to Drew's birthday. He loved having all of his cousins at his party!
November should be an even better month for y'all, right?!?! The 19th can't get here fast enough! We'll have LOTS to be thankful for this year!
Post a Comment