Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

This past weekend was busy! I think this will be the case until after the New Year! Welcome to the holiday season! We are not complaining because it is such a fun kind of busy! But, I will probably be doing this weekend wrap up format for a while until things slow down.

Friday "A" had early dismissal and his thankful party at school. Basically the kids were at school for just a couple of hours and one of those hours was spent consuming tons of sugar and playing games! I told the teacher as we left that I knew what she was thankful for... That the thankful party was on early dismissal day so we can take these sugar crazed children home pretty soon! We were so excited because due to Jeff's new job and the opportunity to work from home he was able to come to the party this year! He worked basically all night the night before and then hurried back to work afterwards in order to make it possible. "A" just beamed when I told him about the sacrifice Daddy had made just for him! He sure loves his Daddy! Here they are working on a seasonal cross word puzzle! I LOVE watching my hubby with our boys! SO sweet!
Friday, we also had a parent/teacher conference at "J"s school. The Montessori method is an adjustment for us because the teachers don't communicate with us daily like we are used to. The conference offered us our first feed back and thankfully it was all good! "J" is learning quickly and adjusting well. He is very affectionate with all his friends too. I knew that though because every day when we get there he hugs all the kids and usually their mommys too! Definitely a little Romeo!

Saturday, our Sunday School class had a chili cook off! Jeff decided he wanted to compete. I didn't feel confident enough in my cooking to do it myself, so I was all for him giving it a try! I am so proud to report that he was the runner up! The winner Alison (pictured below with Jeff) is a super cook and it was pretty close so Jeff has every reason to be proud!
Here is what was left off his crock pot full of chili! It was a big hit and oh so yummy!
Sunday was full of fun and activity too! We went to church in the morning as usual and then went back in the evening for our church's observation of orphan Sunday. Oh and "A" ran to a birthday party in between! We also participated in a unique opportunity at church called Foundation of Prayer. Our church is expanding the building to accommodate the tremendous growth we have experienced in our children's ministry. All of the families were encouraged to write the names of our kids and those of any other children the Lord placed on our hearts on the foundation. The names will be prayed over (literally) for years to come and our prayer is that every child will come to know Jesus as the Lord of their life! Here I am writing the first memory verse we taught the boys Isaiah 43:1 and their names on the foundation of the second floor of the expansion.
They also had ink pads for the kids to leave their hand print on this canvas to be hung on the wall. We also got to take home a memento card with their hand print on it like the one framed in the left top corner of this picture.
Below is a close up of our growing boys' hand prints on the canvas! I love that their fingers overlapped! When "J" took his hand off the canvas, I saw remnants of the blue ink from "A"s hand print on his little red finger! Such sweet symbolism!
We love both our boys so dearly and feel honored to be their Mommy and Daddy! I am grateful our church gave us this opportunity to show our kiddos in such a tangible way how much they are valued by us and more importantly God!

No comments: